Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Beginnings

After two years of declaring myself a blogger, here I am, finally posting. My friend, Lo, assured me that setting up a blog was easy, even for busy Luddites. So after dragging my sorry heels for such a long time, the fact that it took only a few minutes of picking a background and user name certainly puts me to shame. Confessional over; penance is to post at least once a week. Here marks the advent of Brooklyn Surface.

There are so many stories I hear of or dream of in our city and hope to share on this blog. So many people sharing such a small space, yet we come from such disparate places. Some of what's to come will be factual, some pure fiction and a few will blur the lines between the two. Things to know: I make lots of typos and have been accused of being "too sweet" when in fact, I'm more sweet 'n' sour with a tendency towards the sour.

Despite my flahvah, I love hearing about what people think, do, wish for, worry about, struggle with, celebrate and hide. Discretion will be used to the utmost.

4 comments:

Auntie Lor said...

Ok then!
Now please go get the story on the crossing guard.

Lalaleeloo said...

hi mom! good blog; i read it. IM SMART TODAY!!! yay!!

amarilla said...

Yes, the story of the crossing gaurd! Whatever it is!

vero said...

I have not seen the crossing guard for a while. What did ever happen to her?

Keep on blogging

Vero